For full information see BioResource Sample Submission Guide
Legacy samples are stored DNA, plasma, serum or material from which DNA can be extracted, that are derived from participants that have been consented to the Rare Diseases (RD) or Research Tissue Bank (RTB) BioResource ethics.
These samples can be submitted for storage at NBC but ONLY after a full sample manifest has been checked and approved.
Full details of the sample requirements and manifest fields and format are provided within this guidelines document. A BioResource Sample Manifest Template and BioResource Sample Manifest Example can also be downloaded.
When approved a shipping template must physically accompany the shipment.
Any queries about this process can be requested from Jen Sambrook.
- All samples to be submitted should be covered by either the NIHR BioResource Research Tissue Bank (RTB) or Rare Disease (RD)
- The sample manifest must be COMPLETED AND APPROVED by the National Samples Team BEFORE any sample shipments to NBC are arranged
- Contact Jen Sambrook with any questions about the process or manifest and to arrange sample shipment following manifest approval
- The sample manifest DOES NOT REQUEST ANY PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE DATA about the participants (or any detailed phenotype information)
- Personal Identifiable Data should be provided to the NIHR BioResource IT Team before sample submission.